Location: Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey
Employment Type: Full-Time
Total Technology has a full-time position available, in Picatinny Arsenal, for an Intermediate-Level Software or Computer Science Engineer with at least 3+ years of experience. This person will work as part of a team to support the needs of our customer.
This position entails designing, and leading in the design and development of hardware and test software associated with the diagnostics and maintenance of defense systems assets. Using the standardized set of Automated Test Equipment (ATE), this work will involve developing an understanding of existing defense systems elements (LRUs and SRUs) and creating new Interface adapter hardware and test software (Test Program Sets) which can isolate and identify the most likely causes of failure and propose steps for resolution. This position provides the opportunity to lead diagnostic developments and work with a highly experienced and motivated team of engineers.
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering and/or computer software engineering
- Master’s degree in related engineering fields is a plus
- Collaborate with Program leads and engineers and conceptualize the design and development of test hardware, adapters and cables
- Create schematics, parts lists, wiring diagrams and assembly diagrams.
- Use simulation tools to analyze and test design philosophies and approaches
- Knowledge and experience in Programmable device design (FPGA/PLD) analysis and tools a strong plus
- Develop test software to allow standardized test equipment to diagnose issues with defense systems assets.
- Experience with schematic capture and circuit board layout is a plus.
- Experience with standard interfaces (i.e. RS232/RS422, RS485, I2C, Ethernet, CAN bus etc.)
- Experience with selection of hardware to meet military production requirements is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and relationship skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well within a team
- Highly detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Please note that US Citizenship is required to work on a military installation
Total Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer as defined by the EEOC. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage all fully qualified candidates to apply. We are a drug-free workplace with pre-employment drug testing, random drug testing and background verifications.