Location: Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey
Employment Type: Full-Time
Total Technology has a full-time position available, in Picatinny Arsenal, for a Computer Engineer with between 0-3 years of experience. The position is located in Picatinny Arsenal. This person will work as part of a team to support the needs of our customer.
This position entails development of software and limited hardware debugging associated with the diagnostics and maintenance of defense systems assets. This assignment will involve developing an understanding of existing defense systems elements, and creating new software and an understanding of and integration with hardware, which can effectively support embedded systems, isolate issues and propose the most likely steps for resolution. This position provides the opportunity to lead diagnostic developments and work with a highly experienced and motivated team of engineers. This individual will design, develop and maintain software and firmware components and computing systems software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Development engineering.
- Master’s degree in engineering a plus.
- Please note that US Citizenship is required to work on a military installation.
- Collaborate with Program leads and engineers; and conceptualize the design and development of test Software and Hardware Platforms
- 0-3 years of Embedded Software Engineering experience.
- Real Time Operating Systems Experience a plus.
- Knowledge of C and C++ programming a plus
- Ability to cross the SW and HW boundary as part of integration testing, SW and HW debugging and test
- Self-starter is a MUST – capable of digging in with little direction/oversight
- Develop test software to allow standardized test equipment to diagnose issues with defense systems assets.
- Experience with standard interfaces (i.e. RS232/RS422, RS485, I2C, Ethernet, CAN bus etc.)
- Experienced with multiple Programming Environments; Visual Studio, PAWS ATLAS, Eclipse, MATLAB.
- Previous experience developing/architecting embedded software on a variety of microcontrollers
- Experienced with Mechanical and Electrical CAD and simulation tools, including OrCAD, PSpice, and MultiSim, AutoCAD, and Creo Parametric.
- Previous experience using TCP/IP, UDP and related technologies for client/server communication
- Experience with software development environments, tools and techniques pertinent to military systems is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well within a team.
- Highly detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
Total Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer as defined by the EEOC. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage all fully qualified candidates to apply. We are a drug-free workplace with pre-employment drug testing, random drug testing and background verifications.